The Personal Property Processing Office (PPPO) and Quality Assurance Branch serves all military personnel, family members, and DoD civilians in arranging shipment and storage of household goods and personally-owned vehicles.
The Quality Assurance branch monitors services provided by commercial carriers, agents, and contractors for the packing, loading, and shipment of personnel property.
When preparing to depart Stuttgart, all shippers should bring a copy of their orders to the transportation office and fill out a shipment application before going online to DPS (Defense Personal Property System).
Stuttgart Property Office staff will upload all the documents with outgoing personnel, and setup a briefing appointment to go over the paperwork and entitlements. They will also assist personnel to gain access to the online system in order to check on their shipment and get delivery information.
“Bottom line, bring orders to the transportation office and we will assist in getting you out of Stuttgart,” said Jerry Reed, traffic management supervisor, Stuttgart Logistics Readiness Center, 405th Army Field Support Brigade Europe and Africa.
Call to make an appointment at DSN: 431-3338/3410 or civ. 07031-15-2691/3410, Building 2913, Room 310 on Panzer Kaserne.
Hours of Operations:
- Mon-Wed, and Fri 7:30 a.m. – noon and 1 – 4 p.m.
- Thu 1- 4 p.m.
- Closed on U.S. holidays and limited service on German holidays.
Additional Moving Resources:
Peak Season: Moving Household Goods during the Summer Season
There are a number of challenges associated with moving household goods during the summer season:
- 65 % of all DoD moves are performed May 15 through Sept. 30.
- Higher demand creates a shortage in moving capacity; adds difficulties.
Proper planning can mitigate most of the issues encountered during the summer season and lead to a smooth move:
- Customers should immediately complete requirements to receive orders.
- Upon receipt of orders, promptly book their household goods move.
- Customers should book their moves at least 45 days in advance.